|2 months to go...
||[Feb. 13th, 2005|01:34 pm]
|||||Ministry - Just One Fix||]|
so, it's dead quiet in here.
What's everybody up to while your Duc sits in hibernation? What is it that occupies your brain to distract you from the thought of it just sitting there unused? And when you can't get that bike out of your head, what helps you cope? :)
Here's what I've got:
- Normally I'd be skiing, but my right knee is a little funky this winter :(
- Tai chi - I practice more in the winter b/c most of my interests are outdoors and this is a slow time for me. Also good for the funky knee, which is slowly improving.
- hanging out with friends. I'm a bit more into motivating my friends to do stuff during the winter months when I'm less able to entertain myself :)
- spending a lot of time with the new girl :) Fear not, she's known me for a couple of years, she knows it's off to the woods as soon as the weather changes :D
- then when it comes to sheer coping... reading many things motorcycle related (articles, web sites, forums, anything!)
- leaning into corners whilst driving my truck, I've managed to refrain from wearing the helmet though.
- and of course just generally counting the days. I figure I'll pull her out of storage on April 20th before the start of a new month in the storage container. Then hopefully it's the start of my first FULL season of riding! WOOHOO!